Sunday, May 24, 2009

A friend and I emerged from our respective homes today (success!) to go see Angels & Demons. I read the book but had forgotten all but a few plot points, but even if I hadn't, I think I still would've been almost literally on the edge of my seat. I caught myself with tense fists a number of times. They did a really nice job of driving the show forward, even with all the exposition dumping necessary in these movies. And! They got rid of the most ridiculous plot point, so yay for that. Random Carmen Argenziano made us giggle (she knew he was in it, I did not). The spectacle was quite well done, too, so despite a few idiot character moments, I enjoyed it.

Also, Ewan McGregor was hot. :-D

I was in severe danger of spending the entire weekend on my couch, so I am extra glad we went. I've got plans this evening, too, so maybe I'll just watch one movie today, instead of the (oh god) four? five? plus some regular television I did yesterday. Activity fail, slugginess win.

I tried to come up with a list of movies to see this summer, but it turns out a lot of the ones I'm interested in don't come out till the fall. Up is next up - my months-ago mehness about this movie was totally dispelled by the clips I've seen at cons. It is some damn fine comedy, and I will see it opening weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment