Sunday, October 18, 2009

Yet another "crap, I meant to post stuff but didn't" post. Sigh.

Since I last blathered here:

* The Dodgers clinched the NL West, swept the Cards in the Division series, and are now 1-1 with the stupid Phillies in the NLCS. I am not interested in reruns from a year ago!

* I saw Whip It and it was awesome.

* In the post about television that I apparently didn't make despite saying so, I was going to say I was starting How I Met Your Mother. I've now completed S1, and it's good times. Selection of stuff I like about it:
  - The "updated early-years Friends" feel (because I always enjoyed that show, but since hitting my own mid-late twenties the early seasons took a huge leap forward in relatability for me, so a show set in the now with that angle gets at the same thing but with cell phones)
  - Lily and Robin, who are AWESOME
  - The boys are amusing, too, sure
  - The parade of "hey, I recognize that person!" guest starts (CTB, Danica McKellar)

Doubtful that I'll remember to post before Halloween. Current costume idea: Liz Lemon, if I can figure out how to make it more than just, "Hey, did you get new glasses?"

No comments:

Post a Comment